PERSONAL DATA & PRIVACY NOTICE
Cycle & Carriage Bintang Berhad and its related corporations (collectively referred to as the “Group”, “us” or “we”) are dedicated to ensuring that all personal data provided to us in commercial transactions is handled in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and any regulations, guidelines and circulars related there to (collectively, the “Act”). For the purpose of this Notice, “personal data”, “processing” and “data processor” shall have the meaning as defined in the Act. In this Notice, “you” shall refer to yourself and such other persons represented by you of which you are providing the personal data, including the personal data of the directors, shareholders, managers and/or officers of a company.
- What is personal data?
“Personal data” is broadly defined as information about an identifiable individual or information that allows an individual to be identified, including the name, age, address, telephone numbers, personal email address, marital status, race, credit card information and bank account details of an individual. For the purpose of this Notice, personal data encompasses sensitive personal data such as your physical or mental health or condition, political opinions and religious belief.
- Collection of Personal Data
In the course of your dealings with the Group, we will request that you provide your personal data to enable us to enter into transaction/arrangements with you (including arrangement with you as shareholder or director) or to deliver the necessary notices, services and/or products in connection with our business or for you to provide products and/or services in relation to our business operation.
- Notification and Consent
Generally, the Act requires us to obtain your consent to collect, record, hold, store, use and/or disclose (i.e. to “process”) your personal data. We will seek your consent before using your personal data for any purposes other than those set out in Section 4, with the exception where such personal data is required to be processed by the Group in compliance with any legal requirement or as may be permitted under the Act. The provision of your personal data may be voluntary in nature. However, in the event that the personal data provided by you is insufficient or not satisfactory, or the way of processing is limited, or you subsequently withdraw your consent, this may result in us not being able to communicate or correspond with you and/or to provide our services and/or products to you under any potential or existing agreement or arrangement with you. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data by writing to us in accordance with Section 10.In relation to any third party personal data provided by you to us that is not already available in the public domain, you hereby confirm that you have obtained his or her consent for us to process his or her personal data in accordance with this Notice.
- Use of Personal Data Collected
Your personal data is processed by us and/or our data processor for the following purposes:
- delivery of notices, services or products and the marketing of such services or products whether present or future, to you;
- enable you to enter into the necessary agreement or contract to purchase our services and/or products and/or to obtain financing;
- user or customer relationship management procedures;
- those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by us;
- conducting marketing and other background checks of users as you may determine to be necessary or appropriate;
- enable you to provide products and/or services to us in relation to the Group’s business or operation;
- for purposes in connection with our operation, administration, record-keeping, audits, reporting, and investigations;
- billing and collection of outstanding payments;
- for prevention or detection of crime or for the purpose of investigations of criminal activities;
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guidelines, circular, code applicable to us or the Group, including without limitation the Main Market Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad;
- enable us to send you information by means of e-mail, telecommunication and/or social media about products and services offered by selected third parties that we think may interest you;
- post sales services, such as customer loyalty programmes; and/or
- for any other lawful purposes that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the above.
The Group may disclose your personal data to third parties for purposes stated above, including:
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under the law or in response to a competent or government agency;
- any persons as directed by or consented to by you;
- companies within the Group;
- our business partners, affiliates, suppliers (including but not limited to Mercedes-Benz Malaysia Sdn Bhd), contractors and/or other service providers that provide related services or products in connection with our business;
- government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- our employees, auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers, insurance companies or other financial or professional advisors; and/or
- our data processor who processes the personal data on our behalf.
In the event any of the personal data is shared with third parties, we typically require that they only use or disclose such personal data in a manner consistent with the use and disclosure provisions of this Notice.
Please be informed that Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad and its related companies (herein collectively referred to as “Bursa”) may request for your personal data for purposes stated in Bursa's Personal Data Notice. You are strongly advised to read and understand Bursa's Personal Data Notice which can be viewed from http://www.bursamalaysia.com.
- Data Transfer and Sharing
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes in accordance with this Notice, we may transfer your personal data to any member of the Group or any third party service or product providers within or outside the country under conditions of confidentiality and similar level of security safeguards.
- Access and Data Integrity
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data held by the Group is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date. You as a data subject have the right to require access to your personal data held by the Group (at a prescribed fee, if any) and to request to update or correct the personal data. Any such requests may be directed to our privacy officer, contact details of whom are set out in Section 10 below. We reserve our rights to refuse to comply with your request for access and/or request for correction as stated above in circumstances permitted by the Act, in which case we will notify you of the same by notice in writing.
- Protection of Personal Data
We endeavour to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal data held by the Group. These safeguards are designed to prevent the personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Retention of Personal Data
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we endeavour to retain any personal data held by us only for as long as we believe is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
- Inquiries or Concerns
If you have any questions about this Notice or concerns about how we manage your personal data, please contact our officers at 03-78728100 (Ms Geetha for Sales) or email@example.com or 03-78728140 (Mr Bala for After Sales) or firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Cycle & Carriage Bintang Berhad, Lot 19, Jalan 51A/219, 46100 Petaling Jaya. We will endeavour to answer your questions and advise you of any steps taken to address the issues raised by you.
We may from time to time amend this Notice. Please check our website www.ccb.com.my for information on any changes to this Notice. In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this Notice, the English version shall prevail.